Definition and Meanings for fashions
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Fashions is ranked 6,350 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of fashions
noun, transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
Etymology of fashions
Meaning of fashions
- the make or form of anything; the style, shape, appearance, or mode of structure; pattern, model; as, the fashion of the ark, of a coat, of a house, of an altar, etc.; workmanship; execution.
- the prevailing mode or style, especially of dress; custom or conventional usage in respect of dress, behavior, etiquette, etc.; particularly, the mode or style usual among persons of good breeding; as, to dress, dance, sing, ride, etc., in the fashion.
- polite, fashionable, or genteel life; social position; good breeding; as, men of fashion.
- mode of action; method of conduct; manner; custom; sort; way.
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to form; to give shape or figure to; to mold.
- to fit; to adapt; to accommodate; -- with to.
- to make according to the rule prescribed by custom.
- to forge or counterfeit.