Definition and Meanings for firmed
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Firmed is ranked 22,246 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of firmed
adjective, comparative, superlative, noun, transitive verb
Etymology of firmed
Meaning of firmed
as adjective, comparative, superlative
- fixed; hence, closely compressed; compact; substantial; hard; solid; -- applied to the matter of bodies; as, firm flesh; firm muscles, firm wood.
- not easily excited or disturbed; unchanging in purpose; fixed; steady; constant; stable; unshaken; not easily changed in feelings or will; strong; as, a firm believer; a firm friend; a firm adherent.
- solid; -- opposed to fluid; as, firm land.
- indicating firmness; as, a firm tread; a firm countenance.
as noun, adjective
- the name, title, or style, under which a company transacts business; a partnership of two or more persons; a commercial house; as, the firm of hope & co.
as transitive verb, adjective
- to fix; to settle; to confirm; to establish.
- to fix or direct with firmness.