Definition and Meanings for fleeces
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Fleeces is ranked 26,013 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of fleeces
noun, transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
Etymology of fleeces
Meaning of fleeces
- the entire coat of wool that covers a sheep or other similar animal; also, the quantity shorn from a sheep, or animal, at one time.
- any soft woolly covering resembling a fleece.
- the fine web of cotton or wool removed by the doffing knife from the cylinder of a carding machine.
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to deprive of a fleece, or natural covering of wool.
- to strip of money or other property unjustly, especially by trickery or fraud; to bring to straits by oppressions and exactions.
- to spread over as with wool.