Definition and Meanings for formality
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Formality is ranked 12,336 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of formality
Etymology of formality
Meaning of formality
- the condition or quality of being formal, strictly ceremonious, precise, etc.
- form without substance.
- compliance with formal or conventional rules; ceremony; conventionality.
- an established order; conventional rule of procedure; usual method; habitual mode.
- the dress prescribed for any body of men, academical, municipal, or sacerdotal.
- that which is formal; the formal part.
- the quality which makes a thing what it is; essence.
- the manner in which a thing is conceived or constituted by an act of human thinking; the result of such an act; as, animality and rationality are formalities.