Definition and Meanings for generous
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Generous is ranked 3,916 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of generous
adjective, adverb, noun
Etymology of generous
Meaning of generous
- of honorable birth or origin; highborn.
- exhibiting those qualities which are popularly reregarded as belonging to high birth; noble; honorable; magnanimous; spirited; courageous.
- open-handed; free to give; not close or niggardly; munificent; as, a generous friend or father.
- characterized by generosity; abundant; overflowing; as, a generous table.
- full of spirit or strength; stimulating; exalting; as, generous wine.