Definition and Meanings for grass
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Grass is ranked 54,278 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of grass
noun, transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, intransitive verb
Etymology of grass
Meaning of grass
- popularly: herbage; the plants which constitute the food of cattle and other beasts; pasture.
- an endogenous plant having simple leaves, a stem generally jointed and tubular, the husks or glumes in pairs, and the seed single.
- the season of fresh grass; spring.
- metaphorically used for what is transitory.
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to cover with grass or with turf.
- to expose, as flax, on the grass for bleaching, etc.
- to bring to the grass or ground; to land; as, to grass a fish.
as intransitive verb
- to produce grass.