Definition and Meanings for greens
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Greens is ranked 30,014 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of greens
adjective, comparative, superlative, noun, transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, intransitive verb
Etymology of greens
Meaning of greens
as adjective, comparative, superlative
- having the color of grass when fresh and growing; resembling that color of the solar spectrum which is between the yellow and the blue; verdant; emerald.
- having a sickly color; wan.
- full of life and vigor; fresh and vigorous; new; recent; as, a green manhood; a green wound.
- not ripe; immature; not fully grown or ripened; as, green fruit, corn, vegetables, etc.
- not roasted; half raw.
- immature in age, judgment, or experience; inexperienced; young; raw; not trained; awkward; as, green in years or judgment.
- not seasoned; not dry; containing its natural juices; as, green wood, timber, etc.
- concerned especially with protection of the enviroment; -- of political parties and political philosophies; as, the european green parties.
- the color of growing plants; the color of the solar spectrum intermediate between the yellow and the blue.
- a grassy plain or plat; a piece of ground covered with verdant herbage; as, the village green.
- fresh leaves or branches of trees or other plants; wreaths; -- usually in the plural.
- leaves and stems of young plants, as spinach, beets, etc., which in their green state are boiled for food.
- any substance or pigment of a green color.
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to make green.
as intransitive verb
- to become or grow green.