Definition and Meanings for hasty
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Hasty is ranked 13,047 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of hasty
adjective, comparative, superlative, noun
Etymology of hasty
Meaning of hasty
as adjective, comparative, superlative, noun
- involving haste; done, made, etc., in haste; as, a hasty retreat; a hasty sketch.
- demanding haste or immediate action.
- moving or acting with haste or in a hurry; hurrying; hence, acting without deliberation; precipitate; rash; easily excited; eager.
- made or reached without deliberation or due caution; as, a hasty conjecture, inference, conclusion, etc., a hasty resolution.
- proceeding from, or indicating, a quick temper.
- forward; early; first ripe.