Definition and Meanings for haves
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Haves is ranked 18,038 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of haves
transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, present indicative, intransitive verb
Etymology of haves
Meaning of haves
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, present indicative
- to hold in possession or control; to own; as, he has a farm.
- to possess, as something which appertains to, is connected with, or affects, one.
- to accept possession of; to take or accept.
- to get possession of; to obtain; to get.
- to cause or procure to be; to effect; to exact; to desire; to require.
- to bear, as young; as, she has just had a child.
- to hold, regard, or esteem.
- to cause or force to go; to take.
- to take or hold (one's self); to proceed promptly; -- used reflexively, often with ellipsis of the pronoun; as, to have after one; to have at one or at a thing, i. e., to aim at one or at a thing; to attack; to have with a companion.
- to be under necessity or obligation; to be compelled; followed by an infinitive.
- to understand.
- to put in an awkward position; to have the advantage of; as, that is where he had him.