Definition and Meanings for heal
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Heal is ranked 4,410 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of heal
transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, intransitive verb, noun
Etymology of heal
Meaning of heal
as transitive verb
- to cover, as a roof, with tiles, slate, lead, or the like.
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to make hale, sound, or whole; to cure of a disease, wound, or other derangement; to restore to soundness or health.
- to remove or subdue; to cause to pass away; to cure; -- said of a disease or a wound.
- to restore to original purity or integrity.
- to reconcile, as a breach or difference; to make whole; to free from guilt; as, to heal dissensions.
as intransitive verb
- to grow sound; to return to a sound state; as, the limb heals, or the wound heals; -- sometimes with up or over; as, it will heal up, or over.
as noun, transitive verb