Definition and Meanings for hobnob
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Hobnob is ranked 28,266 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of hobnob
adverb, intransitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, noun
Etymology of hobnob
Meaning of hobnob
- have or have not; -- a familiar invitation to reciprocal drinking.
- at random; hit or miss. (obs.)
as intransitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to drink familiarly (with another).
- to associate familiarly; to be on intimate terms; as, to hobnob with the political elite.
- familiar, social intercourse.