Definition and Meanings for honey
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Honey is ranked 2,949 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of honey
noun, intransitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, transitive verb
Etymology of honey
Meaning of honey
- a sweet viscid fluid, esp. that collected by bees from flowers of plants, and deposited in the cells of the honeycomb.
- that which is sweet or pleasant, like honey.
- sweet one; -- a term of endearment.
as intransitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to be gentle, agreeable, or coaxing; to talk fondly; to use endearments; also, to be or become obsequiously courteous or complimentary; to fawn.
as transitive verb
- to make agreeable; to cover or sweeten with, or as with, honey.