Definition and Meanings for howled
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Howled is ranked 11,987 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of howled
intransitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, transitive verb, noun
Etymology of howled
Meaning of howled
as intransitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to utter a loud, protracted, mournful sound or cry, as dogs and wolves often do.
- to utter a sound expressive of distress; to cry aloud and mournfully; to lament; to wail.
- to make a noise resembling the cry of a wild beast.
as transitive verb
- to utter with outcry.
- the protracted, mournful cry of a dog or a wolf, or other like sound.
- a prolonged cry of distress or anguish; a wail.