Definition and Meanings for ill
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Ill is ranked 15,885 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of ill
adjective, noun, adverb
Etymology of ill
Meaning of ill
- contrary to good, in a physical sense; contrary or opposed to advantage, happiness, etc.; bad; evil; unfortunate; disagreeable; unfavorable.
- contrary to good, in a moral sense; evil; wicked; wrong; iniquitious; naughtly; bad; improper.
- sick; indisposed; unwell; diseased; disordered; as, ill of a fever.
- not according with rule, fitness, or propriety; incorrect; rude; unpolished; inelegant.
- whatever annoys or impairs happiness, or prevents success; evil of any kind; misfortune; calamity; disease; pain; as, the ills of humanity.
- whatever is contrary to good, in a moral sense; wickedness; depravity; iniquity; wrong; evil.
- in a ill manner; badly; weakly.