Definition and Meanings for imports
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Imports is ranked 5,521 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of imports
transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, intransitive verb, noun
Etymology of imports
Meaning of imports
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to bring in from abroad; to introduce from without; especially, to bring (wares or merchandise) into a place or country from a foreign country, in the transactions of commerce; -- opposed to export. we import teas from china, coffee from brazil, etc.
- to carry or include, as meaning or intention; to imply; to signify.
- to be of importance or consequence to; to have a bearing on; to concern.
as intransitive verb
- to signify; to purport; to be of moment.
- merchandise imported, or brought into a country from without its boundaries; -- generally in the plural, opposed to exports.
- that which a word, phrase, or document contains as its signification or intention or interpretation of a word, action, event, and the like.
- importance; weight; consequence.