Definition and Meanings for impregnate
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Impregnate is ranked 20,254 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of impregnate
transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, intransitive verb, adjective
Etymology of impregnate
Meaning of impregnate
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to make pregnant; to cause to conceive; to render prolific; to get with child or young.
- to come into contact with (an ovum or egg) so as to cause impregnation; to fertilize; to fecundate.
- to infuse an active principle into; to render fruitful or fertile in any way; to fertilize; to imbue.
- to infuse particles of another substance into; to communicate the quality of another to; to cause to be filled, imbued, mixed, or furnished (with something); as, to impregnate india rubber with sulphur; clothing impregnated with contagion; rock impregnated with ore.
as intransitive verb
- to become pregnant.
- impregnated; made prolific.