Definition and Meanings for inclination
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Inclination is ranked 8,423 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of inclination
Etymology of inclination
Meaning of inclination
- the act of inclining, or state of being inclined; a leaning; as, an inclination of the head.
- a direction or tendency from the true vertical or horizontal direction; as, the inclination of a column, or of a road bed.
- a tendency towards another body or point.
- the angle made by two lines or planes; as, the inclination of the plane of the earth's equator to the plane of the ecliptic is about 23inclination of two rays of light.
- a leaning or tendency of the mind, feelings, preferences, or will; propensity; a disposition more favorable to one thing than to another; favor; desire; love.
- a person or thing loved or admired.
- decantation, or tipping for pouring.