Definition and Meanings for indifferent
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Indifferent is ranked 8,523 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of indifferent
Etymology of indifferent
Meaning of indifferent
- not making a difference; having no influence or preponderating weight; involving no preference, concern, or attention; of no account; without significance or importance.
- neither particularly good, not very bad; of a middle state or quality; passable; mediocre.
- not inclined to one side, party, or choice more than to another; neutral; impartial.
- feeling no interest, anxiety, or care, respecting anything; unconcerned; inattentive; apathetic; heedless; as, to be indifferent to the welfare of one's family.
- free from bias or prejudice; impartial; unbiased; disinterested.
- to a moderate degree; passably; tolerably.