Definition and Meanings for infuse
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Infuse is ranked 9,040 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of infuse
transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, noun
Etymology of infuse
Meaning of infuse
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to pour in, as a liquid; to pour (into or upon); to shed.
- to instill, as principles or qualities; to introduce.
- to inspire; to inspirit or animate; to fill; -- followed by with.
- to steep in water or other fluid without boiling, for the propose of extracting medicinal qualities; to soak.
- to make an infusion with, as an ingredient; to tincture; to saturate.