Definition and Meanings for instruct
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Instruct is ranked 4,278 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of instruct
adjective, transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
Etymology of instruct
Meaning of instruct
- arranged; furnished; provided.
- instructed; taught; enlightened.
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to put in order; to form; to prepare.
- to form by communication of knowledge; to inform the mind of; to impart knowledge or information to; to enlighten; to teach; to discipline.
- to furnish with directions; to advise; to direct; to command; as, the judge instructs the jury.