Definition and Meanings for knowledges
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Knowledges is ranked 840 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of knowledges
noun, intransitive verb, transitive verb
Etymology of knowledges
Meaning of knowledges
as noun, intransitive verb
- the act or state of knowing; clear perception of fact, truth, or duty; certain apprehension; familiar cognizance; cognition.
- that which is or may be known; the object of an act of knowing; a cognition; -- chiefly used in the plural.
- that which is gained and preserved by knowing; instruction; acquaintance; enlightenment; learning; scholarship; erudition.
- that familiarity which is gained by actual experience; practical skill; as, a knowledge of life.
- scope of information; cognizance; notice; as, it has not come to my knowledge.
- sexual intercourse; -- usually preceded by carnal; same as carnal knowledge.
as transitive verb
- to acknowledge.