Definition and Meanings for knows
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Knows is ranked 47 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of knows
noun, transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, intransitive verb
Etymology of knows
Meaning of knows
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, intransitive verb
- to perceive or apprehend clearly and certainly; to understand; to have full information of; as, to know one's duty.
- to be convinced of the truth of; to be fully assured of; as, to know things from information.
- to be acquainted with; to be no stranger to; to be more or less familiar with the person, character, etc., of; to possess experience of; as, to know an author; to know the rules of an organization.
- to recognize; to distinguish; to discern the character of; as, to know a person's face or figure.
- to have sexual intercourse with.
as intransitive verb
- to have knowledge; to have a clear and certain perception; to possess wisdom, instruction, or information; -- often with of.
- to be assured; to feel confident.