Definition and Meanings for label
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Label is ranked 3,610 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of label
noun, transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
Etymology of label
Meaning of label
- a tassel.
- a slip of silk, paper, parchment, etc., affixed to anything, and indicating, usually by an inscription, the contents, ownership, destination, etc.; as, the label of a bottle or a package.
- a slip of ribbon, parchment, etc., attached to a document to hold the appended seal; also, the seal.
- a writing annexed by way of addition, as a codicil added to a will.
- a barrulet, or, rarely, a bendlet, with pendants, or points, usually three, especially used as a mark of cadency to distinguish an eldest or only son while his father is still living.
- a brass rule with sights, formerly used, in connection with a circumferentor, to take altitudes.
- the name now generally given to the projecting molding by the sides, and over the tops, of openings in medi
- in medi
- in medi
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to affix a label to; to mark with a name, etc.; as, to label a bottle or a package.
- to affix in or on a label.