Definition and Meanings for liege
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Liege is ranked 41,453 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of liege
Etymology of liege
Meaning of liege
- sovereign; independent; having authority or right to allegiance; as, a liege lord.
- serving an independent sovereign or master; bound by a feudal tenure; obliged to be faithful and loyal to a superior, as a vassal to his lord; faithful; loyal; as, a liege man; a liege subject.
- full; perfect; complete; pure.
- a free and independent person; specif., a lord paramount; a sovereign.
- the subject of a sovereign or lord; a liegeman.