Definition and Meanings for manners
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Manners is ranked 1,828 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of manners
Etymology of manners
Meaning of manners
- mode of action; way of performing or effecting anything; method; style; form; fashion.
- characteristic mode of acting, conducting, carrying one's self, or the like; bearing; habitual style.
- customary method of acting; habit.
- carriage; behavior; deportment; also, becoming behavior; well-bred carriage and address; as, mind your manners!.
- the style of writing or thought of an author; characteristic peculiarity of an artist.
- certain degree or measure; as, it is in a manner done already.
- sort; kind; style; -- in this application sometimes having the sense of a plural, sorts or kinds; as, all manners of people came to the rally.