Definition and Meanings for mingle
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Mingle is ranked 8,505 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of mingle
transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, intransitive verb, noun
Etymology of mingle
Meaning of mingle
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to mix; intermix; to combine or join, as an individual or part, with other parts, but commonly so as to be distinguishable in the product; to confuse; to confound.
- to associate or unite in society or by ties of relationship; to cause or allow to intermarry; to intermarry.
- to deprive of purity by mixture; to contaminate.
- to put together; to join.
- to make or prepare by mixing the ingredients of.
as intransitive verb
- to become mixed or blended.
- to associate (with certain people); as, he's too highfalutin to mingle with working stiffs.
- to move (among other people); -- of people; as, the president left his car to mingle with the crowd; a host at a a party should mingle with his guests.
- a mixture.