Definition and Meanings for minimise
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Minimise is ranked 34,540 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of minimise
Etymology of minimise
Meaning of minimise
- anything very minute; as, the minims of existence; -- applied to animalcula; and the like.
- the smallest liquid measure, equal to about one drop; the sixtieth part of a fluid drachm, equal to one four-hundred-eightieth of a fluid ounce, or 0.06161 milliliter (u. s. measure) or 0.05919 milliliters (british measure).
- a small fish; a minnow.
- a little man or being; a dwarf.
- one of an austere order of mendicant hermits or friars founded in the 15th century by st. francis of paola.
- a time note, formerly the shortest in use; a half note, equal to half a semibreve, or two quarter notes or crotchets.
- a short poetical encomium.