Definition and Meanings for mountain
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Mountain is ranked 1,244 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of mountain
Etymology of mountain
Meaning of mountain
- a large mass of earth and rock, rising above the common level of the earth or adjacent land; earth and rock forming an isolated peak or a ridge; an eminence higher than a hill; a mount.
- a range, chain, or group of such elevations; as, the white mountains.
- a mountainlike mass; something of great bulk; a large quantity.
- of or pertaining to a mountain or mountains; growing or living on a mountain; found on or peculiar to mountains; among mountains; as, a mountain torrent; mountain pines; mountain goats; mountain air; mountain howitzer.
- like a mountain; mountainous; vast; very great.