Definition and Meanings for oppositions
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Oppositions is ranked 1,886 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of oppositions
Etymology of oppositions
Meaning of oppositions
- the act of opposing; an attempt to check, restrain, or defeat; resistance.
- the state of being placed over against; situation so as to front something else.
- repugnance; contrariety of sentiment, interest, or purpose; antipathy.
- that which opposes; an obstacle; specifically, the aggregate of persons or things opposing; hence, in politics and parliamentary practice, the party opposed to the party in power.
- the situation of a heavenly body with respect to another when in the part of the heavens directly opposite to it; especially, the position of a planet or satellite when its longitude differs from that of the sun 180as, .
- the relation between two propositions when, having the same subject and predicate, they differ in quantity, or in quality, or in both; or between two propositions which have the same matter but a different form.