Definition and Meanings for please
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Please is ranked 4,120 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of please
transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, intransitive verb
Etymology of please
Meaning of please
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to give pleasure to; to excite agreeable sensations or emotions in; to make glad; to gratify; to content; to satisfy.
- to have or take pleasure in; hence, to choose; to wish; to desire; to will.
- to be the will or pleasure of; to seem good to; -- used impersonally.
as intransitive verb
- to afford or impart pleasure; to excite agreeable emotions.
- to have pleasure; to be willing, as a matter of affording pleasure or showing favor; to vouchsafe; to consent.