Definition and Meanings for preparation
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Preparation is ranked 2,529 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of preparation
Etymology of preparation
Meaning of preparation
- the act of preparing or fitting beforehand for a particular purpose, use, service, or condition; previous arrangement or adaptation; a making ready; as, the preparation of land for a crop of wheat; the preparation of troops for a campaign.
- the state of being prepared or made ready; preparedness; readiness; fitness; as, a nation in good preparation for war.
- that which makes ready, prepares the way, or introduces; a preparatory act or measure.
- that which is prepared, made, or compounded by a certain process or for a particular purpose; a combination. specifically: (a) any medicinal substance fitted for use. (b) anything treated for preservation or examination as a specimen. (c) something prepared for use in cookery.
- an army or fleet.
- the holding over of a note from one chord into the next chord, where it forms a temporary discord, until resolved in the chord that follows; the anticipation of a discordant note in the preceding concord, so that the ear is prepared for the shock. see suspension.
- accomplishment; qualification.