Definition and Meanings for proceed
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Proceed is ranked 2,713 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of proceed
intransitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, noun
Etymology of proceed
Meaning of proceed
as intransitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to move, pass, or go forward or onward; to advance; to continue or renew motion begun; as, to proceed on a journey.
- to pass from one point, topic, or stage, to another; as, to proceed with a story or argument.
- to issue or come forth as from a source or origin; to come from; as, light proceeds from the sun.
- to go on in an orderly or regulated manner; to begin and carry on a series of acts or measures; to act by method; to prosecute a design.
- to be transacted; to take place; to occur.
- to have application or effect; to operate.
- to begin and carry on a legal process.
- see proceeds.