Definition and Meanings for quality
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Quality is ranked 764 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of quality
Etymology of quality
Meaning of quality
- the condition of being of such and such a sort as distinguished from others; nature or character relatively considered, as of goods; character; sort; rank.
- special or temporary character; profession; occupation; assumed or asserted rank, part, or position.
- that which makes, or helps to make, anything such as it is; anything belonging to a subject, or predicable of it; distinguishing property, characteristic, or attribute; peculiar power, capacity, or virtue; distinctive trait; as, the tones of a flute differ from those of a violin in quality; the great quality of a statesman.
- an acquired trait; accomplishment; acquisition.
- superior birth or station; high rank; elevated character.