Definition and Meanings for quickest
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Quickest is ranked 7,665 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of quickest
adjective, comparative, superlative, adverb, noun, transitive verb
Etymology of quickest
Meaning of quickest
as adjective, comparative, superlative
- alive; living; animate; -- opposed to dead or inanimate.
- characterized by life or liveliness; animated; sprightly; agile; brisk; ready.
- speedy; hasty; swift; not slow; as, be quick.
- impatient; passionate; hasty; eager; eager; sharp; unceremonious; as, a quick temper.
- fresh; bracing; sharp; keen.
- sensitive; perceptive in a high degree; ready; as, a quick ear.
- pregnant; with child.
- in a quick manner; quickly; promptly; rapidly; with haste; speedily; without delay; as, run quick; get back quick.
- that which is quick, or alive; a living animal or plant; especially, the hawthorn, or other plants used in making a living hedge.
- the life; the mortal point; a vital part; a part susceptible of serious injury or keen feeling; the sensitive living flesh; the part of a finger or toe to which the nail is attached; the tender emotions; as, to cut a finger nail to the quick; to thrust a sword to the quick, to taunt one to the quick; -- used figuratively.
- quitch grass.
as transitive verb
- to revive; to quicken; to be or become alive.