Definition and Meanings for quirk
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Quirk is ranked 37,684 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of quirk
Etymology of quirk
Meaning of quirk
- a sudden turn; a starting from the point or line; hence, an artful evasion or subterfuge; a shift; a quibble; as, the quirks of a pettifogger.
- a fit or turn; a short paroxysm; a caprice.
- a smart retort; a quibble; a shallow conceit.
- an irregular air; as, light quirks of music.
- a piece of ground taken out of any regular ground plot or floor, so as to make a court, yard, etc.; -- sometimes written quink.
- a small channel, deeply recessed in proportion to its width, used to insulate and give relief to a convex rounded molding.