Definition and Meanings for recite
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Recite is ranked 6,486 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of recite
transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, intransitive verb, noun
Etymology of recite
Meaning of recite
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to repeat, as something already prepared, written down, committed to memory, or the like; to deliver from a written or printed document, or from recollection; to rehearse; as, to recite the words of an author, or of a deed or covenant.
- to tell over; to go over in particulars; to relate; to narrate; as, to recite past events; to recite the particulars of a voyage.
- to rehearse, as a lesson to an instructor.
- to state in or as a recital. see recital, 5.
as intransitive verb
- to repeat, pronounce, or rehearse, as before an audience, something prepared or committed to memory; to rehearse a lesson learned.
- a recital.