Definition and Meanings for recompense
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Recompense is ranked 44,682 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of recompense
transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, intransitive verb, noun
Etymology of recompense
Meaning of recompense
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to render an equivalent to, for service, loss, etc.; to requite; to remunerate; to compensate.
- to return an equivalent for; to give compensation for; to atone for; to pay for.
- to give in return; to pay back; to pay, as something earned or deserved.
as intransitive verb
- to give recompense; to make amends or requital.
- an equivalent returned for anything done, suffered, or given; compensation; requital; suitable return.