Definition and Meanings for redeeming
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Redeeming is ranked 9,448 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of redeeming
transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
Etymology of redeeming
Meaning of redeeming
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to purchase back; to regain possession of by payment of a stipulated price; to repurchase.
- to recall, as an estate, or to regain, as mortgaged property, by paying what may be due by force of the mortgage.;to regain by performing the obligation or condition stated; to discharge the obligation mentioned in, as a promissory note, bond, or other evidence of debt; as, to redeem bank notes with coin.
- to ransom, liberate, or rescue from captivity or bondage, or from any obligation or liability to suffer or to be forfeited, by paying a price or ransom; to ransom; to rescue; to recover; as, to redeem a captive, a pledge, and the like.
- hence, to rescue and deliver from the bondage of sin and the penalties of god's violated law.
- to make good by performing fully; to fulfill; as, to redeem one's promises.
- to pay the penalty of; to make amends for; to serve as an equivalent or offset for; to atone for; to compensate; as, to redeem an error.