Definition and Meanings for relate
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Relate is ranked 1,081 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of relate
transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, intransitive verb
Etymology of relate
Meaning of relate
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to bring back; to restore.
- to refer; to ascribe, as to a source.
- to recount; to narrate; to tell over.
- to ally by connection or kindred.
as intransitive verb
- to stand in some relation; to have bearing or concern; to pertain; to refer; -- with to.
- to make reference; to take account.