Definition and Meanings for replace
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Replace is ranked 1,183 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of replace
Etymology of replace
Meaning of replace
as transitive verb
- to place again; to restore to a former place, position, condition, or the like.
- to refund; to repay; to restore; as, to replace a sum of money borrowed.
- to supply or substitute an equivalent for; as, to replace a lost document.
- to take the place of; to supply the want of; to fulfull the end or office of.
- to put in a new or different place.