Definition and Meanings for request
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Request is ranked 3,136 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of request
noun, transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
Etymology of request
Meaning of request
- the act of asking for anything desired; expression of desire or demand; solicitation; prayer; petition; entreaty.
- that which is asked for or requested.
- a state of being desired or held in such estimation as to be sought after or asked for; demand.
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to ask for (something); to express desire ffor; to solicit; as, to request his presence, or a favor.
- to address with a request; to ask.