Definition and Meanings for reverence
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Reverence is ranked 55,961 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of reverence
noun, transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
Etymology of reverence
Meaning of reverence
- profound respect and esteem mingled with fear and affection, as for a holy being or place; the disposition to revere; veneration.
- the act of revering; a token of respect or veneration; an obeisance.
- that which deserves or exacts manifestations of reverence; reverend character; dignity; state.
- a person entitled to be revered; -- a title applied to priests or other ministers with the pronouns his or your; sometimes poetically to a father.
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to regard or treat with reverence; to regard with respect and affection mingled with fear; to venerate.