Definition and Meanings for ripe
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Ripe is ranked 6,147 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of ripe
noun, adjective, comparative, superlative, intransitive verb, transitive verb
Etymology of ripe
Meaning of ripe
- the bank of a river.
as adjective, comparative, superlative
- ready for reaping or gathering; having attained perfection; mature; -- said of fruits, seeds, etc.; as, ripe grain.
- advanced to the state of fitness for use; mellow; as, ripe cheese; ripe wine.
- having attained its full development; mature; perfected; consummate.
- maturated or suppurated; ready to discharge; -- said of sores, tumors, etc.
- ready for action or effect; prepared.
- like ripened fruit in ruddiness and plumpness.
as intransitive verb
- to ripen; to grow ripe.
as transitive verb
- to mature; to ripen.