Definition and Meanings for runaway
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Runaway is ranked 15,673 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of runaway
Meaning of runaway
- one who, or that which, flees from danger, duty, restraint, etc.; a fugitive.
- the act of running away, esp. of a horse or teams; as, there was a runaway yesterday.
- running away; fleeing from danger, duty, restraint, etc.; as, runaway soldiers; a runaway horse.
- accomplished by running away or elopement, or during flight; as, a runaway marriage.
- won by a long lead; as, a runaway victory.;very successful; accomplishing success quickly; as, a runaway bestseller.