Definition and Meanings for saints
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Saints is ranked 34,540 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of saints
noun, transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, intransitive verb
Etymology of saints
Meaning of saints
- a person sanctified; a holy or godly person; one eminent for piety and virtue; any true christian, as being redeemed and consecrated to god.
- one of the blessed in heaven.
- one canonized by the church.
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun
- to make a saint of; to enroll among the saints by an offical act, as of the pope; to canonize; to give the title or reputation of a saint to (some one).
as intransitive verb
- to act or live as a saint.