Definition and Meanings for satisfying
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Satisfying is ranked 3,020 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of satisfying
transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, adjective, intransitive verb
Etymology of satisfying
Meaning of satisfying
as transitive verb, imperfect, past participle, present participle, verbal noun, adjective
- in general, to fill up the measure of a want of (a person or a thing); hence, to grafity fully the desire of; to make content; to supply to the full, or so far as to give contentment with what is wished for.
- to pay to the extent of claims or deserts; to give what is due to; as, to satisfy a creditor.
- to answer or discharge, as a claim, debt, legal demand, or the like; to give compensation for; to pay off; to requite; as, to satisfy a claim or an execution.
- to free from doubt, suspense, or uncertainty; to give assurance to; to set at rest the mind of; to convince; as, to satisfy one's self by inquiry.
as intransitive verb
- to give satisfaction; to afford gratification; to leave nothing to be desired.
- to make payment or atonement; to atone.