Definition and Meanings for saving
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Saving is ranked 43,327 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of saving
adjective, conjunction, preposition, participle, noun
Etymology of saving
Meaning of saving
- preserving; rescuing.
- avoiding unnecessary expense or waste; frugal; not lavish or wasteful; economical; as, a saving cook.
- bringing back in returns or in receipts the sum expended; incurring no loss, though not gainful; as, a saving bargain; the ship has made a saving voyage.
- making reservation or exception; as, a saving clause.
as conjunction, preposition, participle
- with the exception of; except; excepting; also, without disrespect to.
- something kept from being expended or lost; that which is saved or laid up; as, the savings of years of economy.
- exception; reservation.