Definition and Meanings for sinus
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Sinus is ranked 9,678 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of sinus
Etymology of sinus
Meaning of sinus
as noun, noun
- an opening; a hollow; a bending.
- a bay of the sea; a recess in the shore.
- a cavity; a depression.;a cavity in a bone or other part, either closed or with a narrow opening.;a dilated vessel or canal.
- a narrow, elongated cavity, in which pus is collected; an elongated abscess with only a small orifice.
- a depression between adjoining lobes.