Definition and Meanings for societies
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Societies is ranked 507 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of societies
Etymology of societies
Meaning of societies
- the relationship of men to one another when associated in any way; companionship; fellowship; company.
- connection; participation; partnership.
- a number of persons associated for any temporary or permanent object; an association for mutual or joint usefulness, pleasure, or profit; a social union; a partnership; as, a missionary society.
- the persons, collectively considered, who live in any region or at any period; any community of individuals who are united together by a common bond of nearness or intercourse; those who recognize each other as associates, friends, and acquaintances.
- specifically, the more cultivated portion of any community in its social relations and influences; those who mutually give receive formal entertainments.