Definition and Meanings for solution
·This dictionary definitions come from open dictionary GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
·The meaning of a word in English varies according to its part of speech , for this reason the different meanings are ordered by their part of speech.
·It is a very easy to use dictionary , very well structured that will allow you to solve all your doubts on any word and you also will deepen the knowledge of the English language.
Solution is ranked 1,223 in the ranking of most used words in English
Part of Speech of solution
Etymology of solution
Meaning of solution
- the act of separating the parts of any body, or the condition of undergoing a separation of parts; disruption; breach.
- the act of solving, or the state of being solved; the disentanglement of any intricate problem or difficult question; explanation; clearing up; -- used especially in mathematics, either of the process of solving an equation or problem, or the result of the process.
- the state of being dissolved or disintegrated; resolution; disintegration.
- the act or process by which a body (whether solid, liquid, or gaseous) is absorbed into a liquid, and, remaining or becoming fluid, is diffused throughout the solvent; also, the product resulting from such absorption.
- release; deliverance; discharge.
- the termination of a disease; resolution.;a crisis.;a liquid medicine or preparation (usually aqueous) in which the solid ingredients are wholly soluble.